What are ANS designated waters?
When an ANS is discovered, signs like the one shown will be prominently posted.
- These waters are known to contain aquatic nuisance species and are posted with signs listing the ANS species in that water
- No person leaving a ANS Designated Water may possess live fish (including baitfish and sportfish)
- There is an exception for department-permitted fishing tournaments (see KAR 115-07-10)
- A list of ANS Designated Waters can be found in the regulations book or online at ProtectKSWaters.org
- For more information on ANS, ANS Designated Waters, or Kansas regulations regarding ANS, please visit ProtectKSWaters.org.